1. trigger words in my classroom---"trigger" being anything that causes folks to chuckle---for instance, any body part (penis, breast, etc.)---plus i have a picture some kids posted on facebook---yikes
2. running and how hard/enjoyable it can be
3. why my kids always must be in physical proximity to me, always when it's the most inconvenient for me
4. fantastic books
5. how i'm so stretched by the time jamie returns home each week
6. why folks get soooo excited every off-season for the Redskins----when we all know next season will be rough, and mediocre
7. gilbert arenas --- idiot, but not a total loss
8. pat robertson and rush limbaugh --- idiots, heartless, losers
9. folks who believe what pat and rush say makes sense
10. any number of things
Yet, all I can think about is Haiti---and how anything I might write right now seems completely trivial and ridiculous. Even now all I can see in my mind is dust, piles and piles of people, people looking for people, rubble, rubble, and more rubble, pain, tears.
I can't wrap my mind around this current madness. My heart breaks for Haiti.